Cafébabel is recruiting! Webmaster/Graphic designer (Apply before 19 September 2016) (POSITION FILLED)
Translation by:Alexandre Heully
[POSITION FILLED] We still haven't found the perfect fit, so the position is open again! Whether you have a degree or you’re self-taught, cafébabel is looking for someone who can be multitasking, whether it’s working alone on a graphics tablet or with our development team and our army of volunteers!
Cafébabel is Europe's first online participatory media, run by Babel International, a not-for-profit organisation. Published in six languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Polish), cafébabel boasts a network of around 1500 volunteers (writers, translators, artists) across Europe an online community of 16,000 people and a team of a dozen professionals working in our Paris HQ. A media organisation for the Erasmus generation, cafébabel is offers an original take on European society, culture and politics.
Our current webmaster and designer, Pierre Constantin, is moving on to pastures new. We’re looking for someone to carry on his work.
- Maintaining the website (static pages, newsletters etc.), identifying and reporting bugs
- Providing training and support to the website’s users (volunteer contributors, staff editors)
- Analysing the needs of our journalists and website users (using the SCRUM method)
- Monitoring developments on the website through our web agency
Graphic Design / communications
- Webdesign for the website, enforcing cafébabel’s graphic and picture charters
- Article illustrations and video editing
- Design and production of communication material: logos, newsletters, web banners, flyers, posters, etc
- Good writing skills in French and English are essential for interacting with our network of European collaborators
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- An eye for good design in all senses (photography, illustration, graphics, typography), and experience with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with digital platforms
- Familiarity with video editing and the DJANGO framework are ideal but not essential
- You’re reliable, good at taking the initiative and have a lot of creativity. You like taking on challenges and responsibilities and want to work with a young, motivated and multinational team
- Self-taught applicants are welcome
- Young people less that 26 years old welcome (CUI-CIE and Emploi d’Avenir).
- The position is full-time and starts from 26 September 2016.
- Salary: 20,280 euros annually (13 months) + benefits (free restaurant vouchers, free health insurance, 50% repayment on a Navigo Pass).
- The position is eligible for CUI-CIE and Emploi d’avenir contracts (please see conditions with your local Pole emploi advisor).
SEND APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING A CV, COVER LETTER AND A PORTFOLIO AND/OR LIST OF SITES WHERE YOU HAVE WORKED) TO ALEXANDRE HEULLY, GENERAL DIRECTOR, AND PIERRE CONSTANTIN, WEBMASTER AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER, BEFORE 19th SEPTEMBER 2016 AT 9:00AM AT firstname.lastname@example.org